.Zaqi is a newly found computer malware which is a Ransomware. It is the latest version of STOP/Djvu Ransomware family. It is a data locker virus which encrypt files on infected PC and append “.zaqi extension” to file names. This dubious threat is spreading very fast. The foremost intention malware is to blackmail victims be taking their files hostage and force them to pay extortion money.
This pernicious .Zaqi File Virus uses a powerful encryption algorithm to perform asymmetric encryption on the infected machine. After which it adds .zaqi file extensions to original filenames, then leave “_readme.txt” ransom note in almost every folder. The note instruct victims to pay ransom money to buy decryption key which allegedly can decrypt all files. It is merely a deception because as soon as the victims meet the hackers demand they close all communication.
Zaqi Ransomware is a dangerous computer malware which only wants to deceive users by taking their file hostage. It has the tools to encrypt and decrypt files but it is only intended to cheat innocent users. This dubious threat can easily intrude all versions of Windows PC. Zaqi File Virus wants to ensure that victims will have no other option except paying ransom money to hackers. It will encrypt all types of data like videos, images, music, MS Office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt & more), PDF, html and all other files types.
The extensions of the files encrypted by this virus will get automatically changed after encoding. For example, if the file name “picture.png” get encrypted by this virus then it will get changed into “picture.png.zaqi” which cannot be accessed without decryption key. Ransom note is the next stage in which .Zaqi Virus inform users about the encryption and demand ransom money to give decryption key.
As quick as the encryption is finished, .Zaqi File Virus also places a special text file into each & every folder containing the encrypted data, otherwise, hackers demand a sum of $490 USD in bitcoins as ransom money within 72 hours or the fee will get increased to $980 USD.
Zaqi is a file encrypting malware that falls into the crypto virus or Ransomware category. It is designed to encode files on targeted PC and restricts users from accessing their data. This virus is capable of infecting all types of files such as documents, images, videos etc. very easily. It uses a powerful encryption algorithm which cannot be broken without specific key generated by the virus itself and stored on a remote server. Files encrypted by Zaqi Ransomware will have an extra “.Zaqi” extension at the end of file name which is the unique signature of this infection. Main intention of this malware is to extort money from the victims by offering them decryption key which can unlock their files.
This kind of infections has increased their impression lately. Ransomware threats like Zaqi Virus has been proven quite successful in intrusion and extortion. Most of the users falls into their trap and end up paying their hard earned money only to find out that they have got scammed. These kind of infection usually stop all the communications with victims as soon as they get paid.
This .Zaqi File Virus is also not so different in this manner. It has over 200 different strains through which it has infected hundreds of thousands of computers over the time. It is so successful because it is quite sneaky and stealthy. Source of this .Zaqi Virus infection could be any unknown executable that load this infection on victimized computer.
Once inside the targeted system, Zaqi ransomware begin a thorough search of entire hard drive for files. Once done with searching, it will start the encryption process and until then it will not show any kind of sign through users can detect or even suspect about this infection. Upon successful encryption of files, .Zaqi Virus then generates the ransom note “_readme.txt” in every folder on the system.
When users find out that all the files have .Zaqi extension and they cannot access any of their data, they get frustrated. At that they find about the ransom note which claims that there is no other option to unlock their files except for the decryption key. They will be asked to pay a huge amount of ransom money to be paid through Bitcoin to buy the decryption key. also so that users will not be able to recover their files through shadow copies or restoring their system.
Primary focus of .Zaqi File Virus is to force users into submission and make them pay the extortion fees. So this virus ensures that there is no option left for the victims. In order to do that, it delete all the Shadow Volume Copies and also delete the system restore points, It can also disable your anti-virus and firewall security, so you will not be able to remove this infection. It will also ask you not to rename files or try anything else because it may damage your files. If your computer get hit by .Zaqi file extension ransomware, then you need to get rid of this malware completely or it can keep encrypting files on your system.
|Encryption type||RSA 2048 + Salsa20|
|Detection names||Trojan:Win32/Glupteba (Microsoft), Glupteba.Backdoor.Bruteforce.DDS (Malwarebytes), TR/AD.InstaBot.bfsbw (Avira), HEUR:Exploit.Win32.Shellcode.gen (Kaspersky), Trojan.GenericKD.36669904 (B)(Emsisoft), W32.Trojan.Gen (Webroot) see all detection name variations on VirusTotal|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find a Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||MIIA, PAAS, Ehiz, Nusm, Igvm and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
Ransomware infections like this can be distributed through various method for quicker and bigger impact. Hackers want their creation to be delivered to as many people as possible to make more profit. Zaqi Ransomware spread with the sole motive of causing severe pain to victims by locking their files. To lure victims, deception is the most important trick, so software bundling and spam emails are very popular and successful methods of malware distribution. Cyber crooks attach their malicious installer files to free programs that are available for download on many unknown and untrustworthy sites.
When people download and install such files, malicious files get installed in the background without showing notification and then bring .Zaqi Ransomware secretly. Spam emails from unknown sender containing malicious attachments or links can also bring threats like .Zaqi File Virus when opened. Apart from this, downloading cracked software or games, browsing to porn or torrent sites and sharing files on unsafe network could also bring this threat on your computer.
The primary target of this virus is to force money out of innocent victims. It will try to frustrate users into not seeking any other help and pay the decryption fees. The ransom money demanded by .Zaqi file virus is quite hefty. It main price of the decryption key is $980 USD in bitcoin but this infection is offering a huge 50% discount to victims who are willing to pay within 72 hours. It is a quite cool negotiation technique used by the virus to make victims think that they can get decryption for $490 USD. The instructions for the payment are quite clear by .Zaqi virus in the note “_readme.txt” left on the infected PC.
Kindly be careful if, you’re already a victim of this nasty Ransomware Virus, it is still important that you should must avoid any unknown or malicious website that claim to have decryption solutions. Such like does not exist at the moment and throwing caution to the wind because you’re already a victim of this cunning virus can lead to further more damage in two ways, such like:-
- Fake STOP/DJVU decryptors can be used to spread other ransomware versions like ZORAB;
- Downloading such fake tools can lead to double encryption of your files.
This dubious .Zaqi Virus encrypt all important files and data on infected machine. The algorithm used by this virus for encoding files is quite strong and there is no way of breaking it without proper decryption key. It promises to give the decryptor to users once they pay ransom money through Bitcoin. Hackers demand extortion fee through crypto currency because it cannot be traced.
The ransom demand of .Zaqi virus is $490 in Bitcoin, if victims pay the price within 3 days from encryption. If users don’t pay the money within 72 hours, the price of the decryptor get doubled which is $980 USD. Attackers also offer free decryption of some files as proof to encourage users to pay ransom. They ask users to contact on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org email address to get the decryptor.
Ransom note left by .Zaqi virus on your computer contains following text :—
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: email@example.com Reserve e-mail address to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Your personal ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This Zaqi virus is quite dangerous and there is no way you can trust this infection to give you a decryption key after paying the ransom. You have to be creative here if you want to get rid of this infection and recover your files. Threats like Zaqi Ransomware can re-encrypt your data afterward getting paid. Some time hackers release a new version of the same malware that can automatically infect a previously compromised machine. This happens due to the leftovers of Zaqi virus are still on that machine that helps bring new threats without permission.
The encrypting method used by Zaqi Ransomware is very strong and currently, there is no free software to decode this encoding. You may recover your files using backup if have any. But don’t make the mistake of attaching your backup drive without removing it or it could easily corrupt that backup data as well SHOULD NOT PAY RANSOM and it’s interesting to note that the same policy is supported by the FBI.
If you don’t have any backup then your only chance is to either wait for the decryptor or use data recovery software. Powerful recovery software can recover most of the files easily by scrubbing the hard drive deeply. First, you will need to use strong anti-malware to remove this Zaqi Virus and then try to restore files.
Zaqi Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove Zaqi Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Zaqi Ransomware. The manual removal process is time-consuming and slight mistakes can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to the Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
If you want to get rid of Zaqi Virus from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and leftovers of this threat. It is a tricky infection that may have created multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove .Zaqi file virus manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge.
You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner that gives you the power to scan your system for malicious programs and if it detects any threat then you have to purchase the full version to remove that infection.
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
- Now double click on the installer file then clicks Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on the Start Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- The software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your computer.
- Finally, click on the Next button to see results and remove .Zaqi file virus and other infections.
- Malware Detection & Removal – Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms, and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This feature gives you the freedom to scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real-Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology that helps protect your PC against malware attacks, threats, and other objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best features that provides’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
If you don’t have a backup of your files then you can try using our powerful data recovery software to restore your files. Download the free scanner and scrub your computer for files. Once the software will scan your hard drive, it will show the preview of files that can be recovered. If it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Finally, you can select the files you want and recover them easily.
- First of all download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer.
- Install the application, launch it, and select the type of data you want to recover then click the Next button.
- Select the folder location, Drive, or volume you want to scan for data then click on the Scan button.
- After scan, select the files and click on the Recover button to save your recovered files.
Important Note:- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Zaqi Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things: 1. You have good experience in removing viruses and malware by manual Technique. 2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts 3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequences may occur for your mistake. 4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be a very risky option for you. If you make a little mistake or delete the wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window: 2. Type “control panel” in the Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel: 3. Press Uninstall a program: 4. Right-click any virus related or unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Zaqi Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Zaqi Ransomware On Google Chrome:– Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions> click on trash bin Remove .Zaqi file virus on Mozilla Firefox:– Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to the browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button. Remove Zaqi Ransomware On Internet Explorer:– Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button. Remove Zaqi Virus on Microsoft Edge:–
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any malicious program completely.
.Zaqi File Virus is yet another very devastating PC worm that is recognized as a file-encrypting virus. This deadly malware infection is being detected in all Windows OS
SpyHunter 5 Anti-MalwareMalware Remediation Utility
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window, then input “Regedit” in the Run window and press Enter button to open Registry: 2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .Zaqi file virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Optionsmsmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Optionsmsseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREUninstall”virus name” HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “xas”
Optional: Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on the Chrome menu.
- Click on the “Settings” option from drop-down list.
- Go to the search box and type RESET.
- Finally, click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on the Firefox menu, and on press the Help option.
- Select the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button at top of the page.
- Hit the “Refresh Firefox” button when the dialog box appears on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on the “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on the “Advanced tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find the “Delete Personal Settings” option and press the “Reset” button.
- Finally, click on the “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses:– Something You Should Know After Removing Zaqi Virus Ransomware
To avoid Zaqi Virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring malicious threats on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult/porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Zaqi Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.
🧐 Frequently Asked Questions
What is .Zaqi File Virus Ransomware?
How can I open “.Zaqi” files?Be careful no other way. These files are encrypted by nasty Stop/Djvu Ransomware malware. The contents of .Zaqi files are not more available until they are decrypted.
Are my files completely lost?offcourse No, your encrypted files and data are still there on your system but you just can’t access your files by yourself. This nasty ransomware virus has encrypted your data and files and they only can be accessed by using a decrypting key for which the cyber hackers are demanding the ransom amount.
How to decrypt .Zaqi Files?
Actually, there is no perfect .Zaqi file virus ransomware decryptor are available currently which can restore all your encrypted files. But our team strongly suggested a quite effective .Zaqi File Recovery method in this 100% effective guide which you can follow to recover your all encrypted files very easily. But be careful don’t try to restore your encrypted files and data without removing the virus because it will keep encrypting your data and files.
How to Remove Zaqi Virus?
Guys, it could be quite hard to remove this nasty ransomware infection from an infected system, especially for non-technical users because your one mistake can make the situation more worst. But here we have shared several tips on removing this threat manually which you can use because if you want to remove this malicious malware then you must have to remove all its associate files. If you think that have no prior experience of malware removal then you should download free download Zaqi Virus Removal Tool. it is one of the safest and easiest ways to remove this risky ransomware infection completely from your computer.
May I re-install Windows to remove Zaqi Ransomware and decrypt .pass files?
If you will reinstall your Windows then it might remove this nasty infection from your system but you will not be able to restore your encrypted files & it is also possible that this virus can be removed and then come back. So that’s why we strongly suggest that You have to use a powerful Anti-malware Tool to remove this cunning virus and try to decrypt your files.
What can I do right now?
- The files you downloaded through the Internet were encrypted & you can download them again through the Internet to get the original files.
- Restore the encrypted images (pictures) that you shared with your family member and friends that they can just send back to you.
- Photos that you uploaded on your social media account or cloud services like Carbonite, OneDrive, Google Drive, iDrive, etc
- Attachments in emails you sent or received and saved on your computer.
- If you can also download some of your lost software, programs, movies, videos, audios, games from the web.
- Files on an older PC, flash drive, external drive, camera memory card, or iPhone where you transferred the data to the infected system.
You can also report the cyber attack to Authorities
Guys, be careful, If you are also a Victim of Zaqi Ransomware then you should report this cybercrime incident to the legal authorities in your county. Here our team mentions a list of some of the genuine official government websites for reporting any kind of online fraud and scam activities, so please take a look:
Guys, not only this rather you can also search to find the genuine Internet Crime Authority in your country. During this, it will not help you remove this virus from your computer or restore your encrypted files in any way but it’s just informed the authorities. Once you will register your complaint to the Internet Crime Authority, the authorities might look into it and take some precautionary measures to stop other cyberattacks in the future. Although, don’t get lured by cyber hackers. They only cheat instead of helping you.
Regardless of the situation, our cybersecurity experts recommend that it is best for victims to follow FBI guidelines which generally prohibit any form of ransom payment. This recommendation is based on the following reasons:
- Paying ransom does not guarantee that your encrypted files will be restored
- When you pay ransom, you’re encouraging cybercriminals since it will become profitable
- With more ransom money in their disposal, they would be able to employ more hands and broaden their threat