Hey guys!!!!! Please help. My new Windows PC got infected by Rootiunik Ransomware. I am unable to access any of my system files. It is demanding ransom money to unlock my data. I have no idea how to get rid of this Rootiunik virus and recover my files. Please help me.
If you cannot open your data or files like (image, documents, video) and they have a (“.rootiunik.[victim’s_ID]” extension pattern, then it is quite possible that your system is infected with nasty ransomware.
What is Rootiunik Ransomware
Rootiunik Ransomware is a new malware infection that attack on Windows Computer silently. It is able to infect Windows 10 along with all the other previous versions. This dubious threat can easily alter your system and encrypt all your files. After successful encryption, It will also leave ransom note on the infected PC. It demand ransom money to unlock your files. It includes all the payment related details in the ransom note. This nasty .Rootiunik file virus give ultimatum to pay the money or claims to delete all the files permanently. It is only aimed to make money and it will do whatever it takes to juice money from users.
Rootiunik Virus is an evil creation of hackers which is armed with the latest encryption algorithm. Once installed on your system, it can disable all types of security programs including anti-virus and firewall. You will not be able to remove this nasty Ransomware from your computer. The ticking clock overhead is an extra burden that will keep reminding you to pay the money. Primary motive of this infection is to frustrate users so that they won’t look for other method to recover their files. Rootiunik Ransomware will leave you no option but to pay the ransom money. But it is not quite certain that you will get your files back after paying the ransom money.
Rootiunik Virus is the name of a nasty malware infection categorized as malicious ZEPPELIN Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker. This vicious file encryptor Ransomware operates by encrypting the data stored on infected computer systems – in order to demand ransom money for the decryption key. Meanwhile, the files encrypted by this nasty Rootiunik ransomware are rendered inaccessible, and the victims are asked to pay a huge amount of ransom money to decrypt their encrypted files. During the encryption process, all encrypted files are appended with an unknown extension that follow this pattern “.rootiunik.[victim’s_ID]“. For example, a file originally titled something like “myphoto.jpg“ would appear as “myphoto.jpg.rootiunik.8EC-1BE-48E“, “myclip.jpg“ as “myclip.jpg.rootiunik.8EC-1BE-48E“.
As quick as the encryption is finished, .Rootiunik File Virus also places a special text file into each & every folder containing the encrypted data.
Harmful Effects of Rootiunik Virus
This notorious Rootiunik virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to users infected machine. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection. .Rootiunik File virus can also record your keystrokes by using keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address and many more. It can send your details to hackers for using in illegal activities. Therefore, it is recommended to get rid of Rootiunik Ransomware virus as soon as possible from infected computer.
.Rootiunik File Virus : Threat Analysis
|Type||ZEPPELIN Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker|
|Cyber Criminal Contact Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org and TimothyCrabtree@protonmail.com|
|Extension||All Files are appended with unknown extensions that follow this pattern – .rootiunik.[victim’s_ID]|
|Ransom Demanding Message||!!! ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!.TXT|
|Detection Names||BitDefender (Trojan.GenericKD.36779208), ESET-NOD32 (A Variant Of Win32/Kryptik.HKOJ), Avast (Win32:CrypterX-gen [Trj]), Kaspersky (UDS:Trojan.Multi.GenericML.xnet), Microsoft (Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.PQ!MTB), you can also see full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||Zuadr, ZoLiSoNaL, Wrui, Hknet, Moba, Beaf, Nlah and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
What does Rootiunik Virus want?
Rootiunik Ransomware is a dangerous threat and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this infection on your computer clearly says that you need to pay to get your files back. There is no discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hackers claim to give you decryption key when you pat the ransom amount but there is no proof that they will keep their promise. The ransom note left by .Rootiunik file virus contains following text :–
!!! ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!! All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted. You are not able to decrypt it by yourself! The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key. Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files. To be sure we have the decryptor and it works you can send an email: email@example.com and decrypt one file for free. But this file should be of not valuable! Do you really want to restore your files? Write to email: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserved email: TimothyCrabtree@protonmail.com Your personal ID: - Attention! * Do not rename encrypted files. * Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss. * Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
How To Remove .Rootiunik file virus From PC
Rootiunik Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats on the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove Rootiunik Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Rootiunik Ransomware. Manual Removal process is time consuming and slight mistake can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Guide To Remove .Rootiunik File Virus
If you want to get rid of Rootiunik Virus from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove .Rootiunik file virus manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge.
You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Automatic Rootiunik Virus Removal Method
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
- Now double click on the installer file then click Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on Start Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- Software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your computer.
- Finally click on Next button to see results and remove .Rootiunik file virus and other infections.
Amazing Features Of Automatic Malware Scanner::–
- Malware Detection & Removal – Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This feature gives you freedom to scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology which helps protect your PC against malware attacks, threats and other objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best feature that provide ’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Software
If you don’t have backup of your files then you can try using our powerful data recovery software to restore your files. Download the free scanner and scrub your computer for files. Once the software will scan your hard drive, it will show the preview of files which can be recovered. If it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Finally you can select the files you want and recover them easily.
- First of all download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer.
- Install the application, launch it and select type of Data you want to recover then click Next button.
- Select the folder location, Drive or volume you want to scan for data then click on Scan button.
- After scan, select the files and click on recover button to save your recovered files.
Remove .Rootiunik file virus with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Rootiunik Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Rootiunik Virus Ransomware manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Rootiunik Virus and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click any virus related or unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Rootiunik Virus Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > Find any virus related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any malicious program completely.
.Rootiunik File Virus is yet another very devastating PC worm that is recognized as file encrypting virus. This deadly malware infection is being detected in all Windows OS
Step 3 – Uninstall malicious files of .Rootiunik file virus from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .Rootiunik file virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Rootiunik Virus Ransomware
To avoid .Rootiunik file virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring malicious threats on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Rootiunik Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.