Qlocker virus is a recent version of famous Ransomware family. This dubious malware virus encrypt files on the infected PC then append “.7z” extension to the end of all the file names. This cunning threat uses a powerful encryption algorithm which can take years to break without proper decryption keys. Files locked by this malware get changed, for an example the file “myphoto.jpg” will get converted into “myphoto.jpg.7z” & “myclip.jpg” as “myclip.jpg.7z” after the encryption. This virus also leave ransom note “info.hta, info.txt” on victim’s computer and ask user to contact hackers through Website on Tor browser.
Mostly Qlocker Ransomware targeted QNAP brand Network-attached storage (NAS) devices exclusively. Once the data is encrypted (Locked), the ransomware leave a ransom notes – “!!!READ_ME.txt“ into affected folders & demand 0.01 BTC (Bitcoin cryptocurrency). One more thing i want to tell that at the current exchange rate, the sum is worth approximately 500 USD, but the worst thing is there is no guaranty that you will get your data back even after paying the ransom money.
What is Qlocker Ransomware
Qlocker Ransomware is a new malware infection that attack on Windows Computer silently. It is able to infect Windows 10 along with all the other previous versions. This dubious threat can easily alter your system and encrypt all your files. After successful encryption, It will also leave ransom note on the infected PC. It demand ransom money to unlock your files. It includes all the payment related details in the ransom note. This nasty .7z Files Ransomware give ultimatum to pay the money or claims to delete all the files permanently. It is only aimed to make money and it will do whatever it takes to juice money from users.
Qlocker Virus is an evil creation of hackers which is armed with the latest encryption algorithm. Once installed on your system, it can disable all types of security programs including anti-virus and firewall. You will not be able to remove this nasty Ransomware from your computer. The ticking clock overhead is an extra burden that will keep reminding you to pay the money. Primary motive of this infection is to frustrate users so that they won’t look for other method to recover their files. Qlocker Ransomware will leave you no option but to pay the ransom money. But it is not quite certain that you will get your files back after paying the ransom money.
As quick as the encryption is finished, Qlocker Ransomware (.7z Files Ransomware) also places a special text file into each & every folder containing the encrypted data.
Harmful Effects of Qlocker Ransomware (.7z Files Ransomware)
This notorious Qlocker virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to users infected machine. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection. .7z Files Ransomware can also record your keystrokes by using keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address and many more. It can send your details to hackers for using in illegal activities. Therefore, it is recommended to get rid of Qlocker Ransomware virus as soon as possible from infected computer.
.7z Files Ransomware : Threat Analysis
|Type||Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker|
|Ransom Amount||0.01 BTC (Bitcoin cryptocurrency)|
|Ransom Demanding Message||!!!READ_ME.txt|
|Cyber Criminal Contact||Website on Tor browser|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||Zuadr, ZoLiSoNaL, Wrui, Hknet, Moba, Beaf, Nlah and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
What does Qlocker Virus want?
Qlocker Ransomware is a dangerous threat and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this infection on your computer clearly says that you need to pay to get your files back. There is no discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hackers claim to give you decryption key when you pat the ransom amount but there is no proof that they will keep their promise. The ransom note left by .7z Files Ransomware contains following text :–
!!! All your files have been encrypted !!! All your files were encrypted using a private and unique key generated for the computer. This key is stored in our server and the only way to receive your key and decrypt your files is making a Bitcoin payment. To purchase your key and decrypt your files, please follow these steps: 1. Dowload the Tor Browser at \"hxxps://www.torproject.org/\". If you need help, please Google for \"access onion page\". 2. Visit the following pages with the Tor Browser: gvka2m4qt5fod2fltkjmdk4gxh5oxemhpgmnmtjptms6fkgfzdd62tad.onion 3. Enter your Client Key: -
How To Remove .7z Files Ransomware From PC
Qlocker Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats on the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove Qlocker Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Qlocker Ransomware. Manual Removal process is time consuming and slight mistake can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Guide To Remove .7z Files Ransomware
If you want to get rid of Qlocker Ransomware from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove .7z Files Ransomware manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge.
You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Automatic Qlocker Virus Removal Method
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
- Now double click on the installer file then click Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on Start Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- Software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your computer.
- Finally click on Next button to see results and remove .7z Files Ransomware and other infections.
Amazing Features Of Automatic Malware Scanner::–
- Malware Detection & Removal – Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This feature gives you freedom to scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology which helps protect your PC against malware attacks, threats and other objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best feature that provide ’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Software
If you don’t have backup of your files then you can try using our powerful data recovery software to restore your files. Download the free scanner and scrub your computer for files. Once the software will scan your hard drive, it will show the preview of files which can be recovered. If it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Finally you can select the files you want and recover them easily.
- First of all download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer.
- Install the application, launch it and select type of Data you want to recover then click Next button.
- Select the folder location, Drive or volume you want to scan for data then click on Scan button.
- After scan, select the files and click on recover button to save your recovered files.
Remove Qlocker Ransomware (.7z Files Ransomware) with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Qlocker Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Qlocker Ransomware manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Qlocker Ransomware and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click any virus related or unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Qlocker Virus Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > Find any virus related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any malicious program completely.
.7z Files Ransomware is yet another very devastating PC worm that is recognized as file encrypting virus. This deadly malware infection is being detected in all Windows OS
Step 3 – Uninstall malicious files of Qlocker Ransomware from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .7z Files Ransomware and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Qlocker Virus Ransomware
To avoid Qlocker Ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring malicious threats on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Qlocker Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.