LegionLocker Ransomware is a dangerous computer infection which is a crypto graphic malware used by hackers for encrypting files on victim’s computer. This dubious threat is a master sneaker and it can intrude your system without permission. It uses a powerful file encoding algorithm to lock down all the important data on the targeted PC. After that, LegionLocker Virus also append its own file extension to end of all the file names after successful encryption. Ransom note is also the part of the process which is left to harass the infected PC and force into paying the extortion fee.
What is LegionLocker Ransomware
LegionLocker Ransomware is a new malware infection that attack on Windows Computer silently. It is able to infect Windows 10 along with all the other previous versions. This dubious threat can easily alter your system and encrypt all your files. After successful encryption, It will also leave ransom note on the infected PC. It demand ransom money to unlock your files. It includes all the payment related details in the ransom note. This nasty LegionLocker file virus give ultimatum to pay the money or claims to delete all the files permanently. It is only aimed to make money and it will do whatever it takes to juice money from users.
LegionLocker Virus is an evil creation of hackers which is armed with the latest encryption algorithm. Once installed on your system, it can disable all types of security programs including anti-virus and firewall. You will not be able to remove this nasty Ransomware from your computer. The ticking clock overhead is an extra burden that will keep reminding you to pay the money. Primary motive of this infection is to frustrate users so that they won’t look for other method to recover their files. LegionLocker Ransomware will leave you no option but to pay the ransom money. But it is not quite certain that you will get your files back after paying the ransom money.
LegionLocker Virus is the name of a nasty malware infection categorized as malicious ransomware virus. This vicious file encryptor Ransomware operates by encrypting the data stored on infected computer systems – in order to demand ransom money for the decryption key. Meanwhile, the files encrypted by this nasty LegionLocker ransomware are rendered inaccessible, and the victims are asked to pay a huge amount of ransom money to decrypt their encrypted files. During the encryption process, all encrypted files are appended with the “.legion“ extension. For example, a file originally titled something like “myphoto.jpg“ would appear as “myphoto.jpg.legion“, “myclip.jpg“ as “myclip.jpg.legion“.
As quick as the encryption is finished, LegionLocker File Virus also places a special text file into each & every folder containing the encrypted data.
Harmful Effects of LegionLocker Virus
This notorious LegionLocker virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to users infected machine. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection. LegionLocker virus can also record your keystrokes by using keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address and many more. It can send your details to hackers for using in illegal activities. Therefore, it is recommended to get rid of LegionLocker Ransomware virus as soon as possible from infected computer.
LegionLocker Ransomware : Threat Analysis
|Type||Cobra Locker Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker|
|Cyber Criminal Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Extension||[email@example.com].LegionLocker File Virus|
|BTC Wallet Address||131fjhrB4wH8j6adZXudp1Wn23pR33tpAh|
|Detection Names||Alibaba (Ransom:Win32/DelFile.02b2377a), Microsoft (Ransom:Win32/Genasom), Avast (Win64:Malware-gen), BitDefender (Gen:Heur.Ransom.REntS.Gen.1), Kaspersky (Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Gen.aauu), Fortinet (W32/PossibleThreat), Ad-Aware (Gen:Heur.Ransom.REntS.Gen.1), you can also see full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||Pykw, Credo, Gdjlosvtnib, Fob, Moba, Beaf, Nlah and so on.|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
What does LegionLocker Ransomware want?
LegionLocker is a dangerous threat and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this infection on your computer clearly says that you need to pay to get your files back. There is no discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hackers claim to give you decryption key when you pat the ransom amount but there is no proof that they will keep their promise. The ransom note left by .LegionLocker virus contains following text :–
LegionLocker2.0 Ooops! All your important files are encrypted! Your files will be lost in: - If you see this text, then your files are no longer accesible, because they have been encrypted. Perhaps you are busy looking for a way to recover your files, but don\'t waste your time. Nobody can recover your files without our decryption service. We guarantee that you can recover all your files safely and easily. All you need to do is submit the payment and purchase the decryption key. Please follow the instructions: 1.Send $50 worth of Bitcoin to following address: 131fjhrB4wH8j6adZXudp1Wn23pR33tpAh 2.Download Tor browser (hxxps://www.torproject.org/) 3.Create account on mail2tor (hxxp://mail2tor2zyjdctd.onion/) 4.Send your Bitcoin wallet ID to e-mail CobraLocker@mail2tor.com Rules: 1.If timer runs out, your files will be deleted. 2.Do not restart your computer 3.Uninstall your antiviruses. They may try to remove this virus. If you already purchased your key, please enter it below.
Do not pay money to LegionLocker Virus
Paying money to criminals will not solve your problem. Creator of this nasty .LegionLocker virus will not release your data even after getting the ransom. They are only looking to make some profit. Paying money will only make you a target as hackers often release multiple of the same virus with different names. Once you pay, another virus will soon infect your PC and the whole process will repeat. If by any chance the decryptor works then still there is no guarantee that .LegionLocker Ransomware or some other ransomware will not attack your system. What is more worse, this malware also leave data stealing Trojan virus on your PC that can create backdoor on your machine.
How your computer get infected By LegionLocker virus
LegionLocker virus can get on your PC through various different tricks. Although Spam emails and software bundling are the most used methods of malware distribution used by hackers. Hackers send fake emails containing malicious attachments pretending to be a company, service or famous entity. When users open such emails, malware get installed silently in the background and start doing its harmful activities. Freeware programs are also combined with other attachments for earning extra bucks. These attachments don’t show any notification while installation and thus users unintentionally install malware on their PC. Moreover, LegionLocker file virus could also intrude your computer through porn or torrent sites, by downloading pirated software or games, installing illegal patches and peer to peer file sharing.
How To Remove LegionLocker Ransomware From PC
LegionLocker Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats on the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove LegionLocker File Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to LegionLocker. Manual Removal process is time consuming and slight mistake can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Guide To Remove LegionLocker Ransomware
If you want to get rid of .LegionLocker File Virus Ransomware from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove LegionLocker Virus manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge.
You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Removal to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Automatic LegionLocker Virus Removal Method
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
LegionLocker File Virus can keep coming back to your system if its core files are not completely removed. We recommend you to try downloading WiperSoft-AntiSpyware – to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Download WiperSoft-AntiSpyware Scanner Now!
- Now double click on the installer file then click Yes to install the program.
- Its time to choose your language option and press “OK”.
- After reviewing the “License agreement”, select “I agree with the license agreement” then press “INSTALL”.
- Please wait for the download and installation to complete, and press “FINISH”
Unique Features Of WiperSoft-AntiSpyware
- HIGH DETECTION RATIO – WiperSoft-AntiSpyware can detect browser hijackers, trojan, adware, Ransomware, junk apps, toolbars, etc., that have infiltrated your entire system while you were browsing and, unknowingly to you, are slowing down your computer system.
- CONSTANT UPDATES – With WiperSoft-AntiSpyware, there is no need for you to worry about the growing number of malicious online computer infections, because the utility regularly updates its database. These updates allow WiperSoft-AntiSpyware to detect even the newest computer threats & malware that may be unnoticed by other system security tools.
- 100% REMOVAL – Finally, WiperSoft-AntiSpyware can ensure that all these nasty intruders are removed from your computer system. You will not have to deal with any cyber hackers or annoying ads or pop-up messages any more – continue enjoying your web-browsing!
Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Software
If you don’t have backup of your files then you can try using our powerful data recovery software to restore your files. Download the free scanner and scrub your computer for files. Once the software will scan your hard drive, it will show the preview of files which can be recovered. If it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Finally you can select the files you want and recover them easily.
- First of all download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer.
Download Data Recovery Software
- Install the application, launch it and select type of Data you want to recover then click Next button.
- Select the folder location, Drive or volume you want to scan for data then click on Scan button.
- After scan, select the files and click on recover button to save your recovered files.
Remove LegionLocker Ransomware with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the LegionLocker Virus manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove LegionLocker Virus and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click on any virus related programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete LegionLocker Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove .LegionLocker File Virus Ransomware On Google Chrome:–
Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> choose LegionLocker Ransomware and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
Remove LegionLocker Ransomware on Mozilla Firefox:–
Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose LegionLocker Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
Remove .LegionLocker File Virus Ransomware On Internet Explorer:–
Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions>Click on any virus related extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
Remove LegionLocker Ransomware on Microsoft Edge:–
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
Remove LegionLocker Ransomware From Safari Browser:–
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any virus related malicious program completely.
LegionLocker Virus can keep coming back to your system if its core files are not completely removed. We recommend you to try downloading WiperSoft-AntiSpyware – to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Download WiperSoft-AntiSpyware Scanner Now!
Step 3 – Uninstall malicious files of .LegionLocker File Virus Ransomware from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by LegionLocker Ransomware and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing .LegionLocker File Virus Ransomware
To avoid LegionLocker Ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring harmful threats on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threats that will get installed automatically on your PC.
.LegionLocker File Virus Ransomware can keep coming back to your system if its core files are not completely removed. We recommend you to try downloading WiperSoft-AntiSpyware – to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Download WiperSoft-AntiSpyware Scanner Now!