What Is FonixCrypter Ransomware?
FonixCrypter Ransomware is a nasty computer virus. It is a pernicious malware infection that can stealthily get into your PC and encrypt your entire data. This brutal computer virus can lock your system files and make them inaccessible. When you will try to open any of your files, it will ask you to buy the decryption key to get your files back. It will place a ransom note image in place of your default desktop background. It will also leave a ransom note on your desktop in text format. FonixCrypter Ransomware will aks you to pay the ransom money to get your files back. This notorious PC virus will also threat users that if they will not apy the fine, their files will get delete permanently.
FonixCrypter Ransomware is created by cyber crooks to lure PC users and cheat their money. This cunning malware infection is able to lock all kind of system files including images, videos, audios, MS office files, pdf, xml, html, text and many more. You won’t be able to access any of your data. This harmful virus infection is mainly getting spread through bundled freeware programs, spam emails and malicious websites. FonixCrypter Ransomware virus can also make unwanted changes into the registry editor of your computer to ensure its auto startup in your system. You should not pay the ransom money to hackers because it is not sure that you will get back your files after paying the money. So you are suggested to delete FonixCrypter Ransomware virus completely from your machine and recover your files using a data recovery tool.
FonixCrypter Ransomware : Threat Analysis
|Threat Level||High (Most often used as a backdoor for Ransomware).|
|Short Description||Steal personal data, corrupt system files, bring other threats and provide remote access to hackers.|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Removal Tool||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
Harmful Effects of FonixCrypter Ransomware
This notorious FonixCrypter Ransomware virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to users infected machine. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection. FonixCrypter Ransomware virus can also record your keystrokes by using keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address and many more. It can send your details to hackers for using in illegal activities. Therefore, it is strictly recommended the users to get rid of FonixCrypter Ransomware virus as soon as possible from infected computer.
Do not pay ransom money to hackers
Very Important::–It is not wise to pay ransom money because it will only encourage the cyber hackers to attack more users. You cannot trust criminals to give you decryption key when you don’t know their identity and you have no way of tracking the money. FonixCrypter Ransomware is a dangerous malware infection that needs to be removed completely from the system. You can later rescue your files by using any powerful data recovery software. It is best way to get rid of this infection permanently. In this way you don’t have to pay money to hackers. You can also get sure that this nasty threat will not bother you again in future. So you are advised to read this guide carefully and follow the instructions to remove FonixCrypter Ransomware virus from your system and recover your files.
How FonixCrypter Ransomware attack
Creators of this Malicious malware uses severe malign and cunning tricks to spread this nasty infection. FonixCrypter Ransomware Virus could be uploaded on a public server bundled with some freeware programs available for easy download. Spam email attachments are also one of the most effective and commonly used method for malware distribution. Downloading illegal files like software cracks, illegal patches or torrent files could also be source for this FonixCrypter Ransomware virus infection. If you want to avoid similar threats in future then do not open spam emails, never download crack files, do not visit porn or torrent sites and always choose custom installation method to avoid malicious attachments. Make sure to create restore points on your PC and keep backup of your important files.
How To Remove FonixCrypter Ransomware From PC
FonixCrypter Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats on the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. In order to remove FonixCrypter Ransomware infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to FonixCrypter Ransomware. Manual Removal process is time consuming and slight mistake can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Guide To Remove FonixCrypter Ransomware
If you want to get rid of FonixCrypter Ransomware from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove FonixCrypter Ransomware manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Remove FonixCrypter Ransomware with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the FonixCrypter Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during FonixCrypter Ransomware manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove FonixCrypter Ransomware and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click FonixCrypter Ransomware or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete FonixCrypter Ransomware fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> choose FonixCrypter Ransomware and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose FonixCrypter Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose FonixCrypter Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any FonixCrypter Ransomware related malicious program completely.
Step 3 – Uninstall malicious files of FonixCrypter Ransomware from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by FonixCrypter Ransomware and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing FonixCrypter Ransomware
To avoid FonixCrypter Ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like FonixCrypter Ransomware on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat FonixCrypter Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.