Is your PC infected by .Credo File Virus Ransomware? Is your system files got encrypted by this nasty files locker virus? Are you not able to access any of your data? Need to remove this dubious Credo from your PC? Go through this guide for easy removal.
About .Credo File Virus Ransomware
.Credo File Virus is a notorious malware infection that has been classified as a file ecrypted virus. This perilous threat can get into your machine without your permission and lock down all your files. It is mainly created by cyber crooks for making illegal money by taking the files of innocent users on hostage. The prime motive of this dubious threat is blackmail users by encrypting their files and cheat their money. .Credo File Virus will scan your entire system for files and encrypt them using powerful encryption algorithm. Credo is able to lock all types files including videos, images, audios, MS office, pdf, html, text and many others. This noxious computer virus will force you to pay the fine to buy decryption key.
Credo Ransomware is mainly getting spread by cyber criminals through spam email attachments. You can also get this virus on your computer by visiting malicious websites and using drive by download websites. Once installed on your computer, it will also add its malignant codes to the registry files of your Windows PC. By doing this, it will ensure its automatic startup on your computer system. This obnoxious PC threat will also threat users to pay the ransom fine within give time perilous otherwise all the encrypted files will get deleted permanently. This perilous threat is also not going to unlock your files even after getting the payment, so it is a very bad idea to pay the fine. You are advised to delete .Credo File Virus completely from your PC as early as possible.
.Credo File Virus : Threat Analysis
|Name||.Credo File Virus|
|Threat Level||High (Restrict access to all your files).|
|Short Description||Credo Ransomware encrypt your data by adding .Credo extension to file names and demand ransom money for decryption key.|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||Gdjlosvtnib, Fob Virus, LOLYTA, PYKW, Moba, FonixCrypter and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
Harmful Effects of Credo
This notorious Credo virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to users infected machine. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection. Credo virus can also record your keystrokes by using keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address and many more. It can send your details to hackers for using in illegal activities. Therefore, it is strictly recommended the users to get rid of Credo virus as soon as possible from infected computer.
File Types Encrypted by .Credo file virus
.sql, .mp4, .7z, .rar, .m4a, .wma, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpqge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt
What does Credo Ransomware want?
Credo Ransomware is a dangerous threat and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this infection on your computer clearly says that you need to pay to get your files back. There is no discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hackers claim to give you decryption key when you pat the ransom amount but there is no proof that they will keep their promise. The ransom note left by .Credo virus contains following text :–
Hello! All your files are encrypted and only we can decrypt them. Contact us: Recoverybat@protonmail.com or Recoverybat@cock.li Write us if you want to return your files – we can do it very quickly! The header of letter must contain extension of encrypted files. We always reply within 24 hours. If not – check spam folder, resend your letter or try send letter from another email service (like protonmail.com). Attention! Do not rename or edit encrypted files: you may have permanent data loss. To prove that we can recover your files, we am ready to decrypt any three files (less than 1Mb) for free (except databases, Excel and backups). HURRY UP! If you do not email us in the next 48 hours then your data may be lost permanently. *******************************************************
Do not pay money to Credo Virus
Paying money to criminals will not solve your problem. Creator of this nasty .Credo virus will not release your data even after getting the ransom. They are only looking to make some profit. Paying money will only make you a target as hackers often release multiple of the same virus with different names. Once you pay, another virus will soon infect your PC and the whole process will repeat. If by any chance the decryptor works then still there is no guarantee that .Credo Ransomware or some other ransomware will not attack your system. What is more worse, this malware also leave data stealing Trojan virus on your PC that can create backdoor on your machine.
How Credo attack
Creators of this Malicious malware uses severe malign and cunning tricks to spread this nasty infection. Credo Virus could be uploaded on a public server bundled with some freeware programs available for easy download. Spam email attachments are also one of the most effective and commonly used method for malware distribution. Downloading illegal files like software cracks, illegal patches or torrent files could also be source for this Credo virus infection. If you want to avoid similar threats in future then do not open spam emails, never download crack files, do not visit porn or torrent sites and always choose custom installation method to avoid malicious attachments. Make sure to create restore points on your PC and keep backup of your important files.
How To Remove Credo From PC
Credo is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats on the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. In order to remove Credo infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Credo. Manual Removal process is time consuming and slight mistake can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Guide To Remove Credo
If you want to get rid of Credo from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove Credo manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Remove Credo with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Credo manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Credo manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Credo and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Credo or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Credo fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> choose Credo and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose Credo and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose Credo and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any Credo related malicious program completely.
Step 3 – Uninstall malicious files of Credo from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by Credo and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Credo
To avoid Credo coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like Credo on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Credo that will get installed automatically on your PC.