A very dangerous virus named Eijy ransomware was recently created by cybercriminals and it belongs to the Stop/Djvu family which is the most dangerous virus in the world of ransomware. Once this virus enters your computer, it has the ability to completely damage your computer as well as it has also the ability to empty your bank account.
.Eijy File Virus is a data locker virus created for blackmailing innocent users into paying ransom money. This threat is designed and spread by an evil group of hackers who only want to gain illegal profit. The main motive of this virus is to encode files stored on the infected machine and create a scenario where users can’t access their files without a decryption key. This dubious Eijy virus is a new strain of the infamous STOP/Djvu Ransomware family. This cunning malware is able to attack all Windows-based computers very easily.
Eijy Ransomware uses a powerful encryption algorithm to lock files on compromised PC. This notorious threat can bypass the security programs on the targeted computer. It hides deep into the system and executes a full search of hard drives for files and encrypts them without permission. After encoding all the files, the Eijy virus will add its malicious “.eijy” extension as a suffix to all file names. For example, the file name “myphoto.png” will get converted after the attack of the Eijy encryption algorithm into “myphoto.png.eijy” and this file would need a decoder to unlock. Apart from this, the virus will also place a ransom note “_readme.txt” in every folder to demand ransom money.
What is Eijy – What it does do?
Eijy Ransomware is crypto-malware designed by hackers for encrypting files and extorting money from victims. This threat is so carefully created that it can sneak through your system without getting detected or blocked by your anti-virus. It mostly gets executed on the infected PC through unknown (.exe) files that get deleted as soon as this malware takes hold of your machine. This Eijy virus is able to encrypt all types of files like images, videos, audios, MS office files, pdf, and a whole lot of others. In simple words, it can lock almost all types of data that users normally store on their system. So after the infection all those files will inaccessible without the decryption key.
Eijy File virus is dangerous and cunning, highly motivated to take the money out of users by force. This nasty threat propagates very quickly and it will encrypt all your data before you notice. Once it has managed to take all the files hostage, it will reveal itself to you. This notorious Eijy infection will block every attempt to open any files. It may show an error message on your computer when you try to access locked files. It promises to release all your files once you pay the ransom money. But many of the ransomware victims reported that hackers stop all communication after getting the money.
Eijy Virus Removal Method
.Eijy File Virus is an extraordinary computer malware, it is one of the most aggressive and notorious members of the ransomware family. It is known as a data locking Trojan and file encryption ransomware. it is a nefarious creation of cyber hackers to blackmail innocent system users and collection of unauthorized revenue. The Eijy File Virus is infamous for its deceptive activities.
It can encrypt every type of file and lock data on the targeted computer system. It is able to show different types of ads onto the targeted system as video ads, audio ads, image ads, coupon ads, banner ads, ransom ads, commercial ad, and many other ads. It can leave a ransom note on the screen of the system with its decryption key and claim to the user that your system has been infected by some malware.
.Eijy File Virus can try to convince or force to decryption of all encrypted files and unlock all locked data and demand ransom fees from the users. It is capable to invade every type of windows based computer system such as Windows XP, window 7, window 8, window 10, window vista, and many other latest versions of windows and assail onto every type of browser for example IE, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, and more other browsers. If Eijy Virus once attacks your PC it will start to complete its malicious task.
It will infiltrate your entire machine and inject its malicious code into the task manager. It will make infected your firewall program and disable anti-virus security. It will install other malware onto your PC and provide a remote server for the hacker to command your operating system. It will steal your personal or sensitive information and share it with hackers to blackmail you. So you are highly recommended to remove this dubious virus as soon as in a safe way. We provided here some removal guides for your reference that will assist you to get rid of .Eijy File Virus from your infected PC.
How Eijy Virus attack
The Creators of these nasty threats use severe malign and cunning tricks to spread this malicious malware. Eijy Virus could be uploaded on a public server bundled with some freeware programs available for easy download. Spam email attachments are also one of the most effective and commonly used methods for this type of malicious malware distribution. Downloading free or illegal files like cracked software, illegal patches, or torrent files could also be a source of this dangerous and nasty .Eijy File Virus infection.
If you really want to avoid this risky virus or similar threats in the future then do not open any fake spam email attachments, never download any single crack files, do not visit porn or torrent websites, and always choose a custom installation method to avoid any malicious attachments. Make sure to create restore points on your system and always keep a backup of your important files & data.
Ransom note left by .Eijy File Virus contains the following text:
.Eijy File Virus is a very harmful & dangerous malware and it is only interested in your money. The primary target of this virus is to force money out of innocent victims. It will try to frustrate users into not seeking any other help and pay the decryption fees. The ransom money demanded by the “.Eijy file virus” is quite hefty. It main price of the decryption key is $980 USD in bitcoin (cryptocurrency) but this infection is offering a huge 50% discount to victims who are willing to pay within 72 hours. It is a quite cool negotiation technique used by the virus to make victims think that they can get decryption for $490 USD.
The ransom note left by the Eijy virus on screen contains the following text:–
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How To Remove .Eijy File Virus From PC
To remove Eijy Virus from your infected computer, you have to completely remove all the hidden files and leftovers associated with this infection. Keep in mind that it may have distributed its copies at different locations on your system under different names. It could be quite a time taking to detect those files manually, so you can try Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect those threats for you. Well, before starting the removal process users must know that the manual option is quite tricky and time-consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove .Eijy File Virus Ransomware using manual method.
Moreover, any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of Eijy Ransomware manually from your Windows PC. Manual detection can take lots of time and there is also a high probability that will delete wrong files which can damage your system.
Therefore, FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR SYSTEM, we highly recommend you choose SpyHunter’s automatic malware scanner to see if it can detect this infection on your computer. You can download the trial version of the software to scan your computer. If the software detects Eijy Virus infection on your system then only purchase the license to remove detected threats from your system.
- Download and Install the Automatic Scanner on your machine.
- Now double click on the installer file then clicks Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on the Start Scan Now button to scan your Machine.
- The software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your system.
- Finally, click on the Next button to see results and remove Eijy Virus and other infections.
Some Very Amazing & Powerful Features Of SpyHunter::–
- Malware Detection & 100%Removal – Easily Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms, and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This amazing feature gives you the freedom to easily scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real-Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology that helps to protect your system against malware attacks, threats, and other harmful objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best features that provides you ’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
Recover Your All Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Software
If you don’t have a backup of your files or data then you can try using our most powerful data recovery software to restore your encrypted files or data. First of all, Download the free scanner and scrub your computer system for files. Once the software will scan your entire hard drive, it will automatically show the preview of files that can be recovered. Once it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Then after you can select the files you want and recover them very easily.
- First, download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer system.
- Install the application, launch it, and select type of the Data you want to recover then click on the Next button.
- After that select, the folder location, Drive, or volume you want to scan for data then click on the Scan button.
- After scanning, choose & select the files and click on the recover button to save your recovered files.
Remove Eijy Virus with Manual Solution Method.Very Important Note:- For the safety of your computer, before you start the Foppa manual removal method, At first kindly confirm the following things::–
- You should have good experience in removing viruses and malware by manual Technique.
- Your computer techniques should reach the level of system experts.
- You should have very friendly with Registry and clearly know what harmful consequences may occur for your any mistake.
- You are also capable to reverse the wrong operations during Eijy manual removal method.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be a very risky option for you. If you make a little mistake or delete the wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you give a chance to the automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Manually Remove Eijy Ransomware From System
Step 1 -Start PC In Safe Mode With networking
- Click the “Windows+R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type “MSConfig” in Run Box and Click OK.
- A new System Configuration box Window will get opened before your computer screen.
- Select the Boot Menu from the system configuration box then choose the Safe Boot option and click on the OK button.
Step 2 – Kill Eijy Related Process from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Windows Task Manager will appear on your computer screen.
- Now click on the Process tab to see all running processes on your PC. Select all malicious processes and Processes and click the End Process option.
Step 3 – Uninstall Eijy from Windows PC
Uninstall Eijy from Windows XP System
- Click on from Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the program related to Eijy and then click the Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to end and then restart your system.
Uninstall Eijy from Windows Vista PC
- Click on the “Windows flag” from the bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program, section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed on your PC. Select Eijy and make a right-click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall Eijy from Windows 7 PC
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program, option-click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the Eijy-related malicious program. Finally, click on the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall Eijy from Windows 8 PC
- From the right corner of the screen click on the search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all kinds of programs related to Eijy infection installed in your system.
Uninstall Eijy from Windows 10 PC
- In Start Menu search for Setting Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the programs related to Eijy infection and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Delete Eijy from Registry Entries
- Press Windows and R buttons together to open Run.
- Type “Regedit” in the Run box and clock on the OK tab.
- Select all the Eijy related malicious entries and remove them completely.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Eijy HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = Eijy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = Eijy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “3948550101″ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “xas” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eijy
Well, usually the manual removal method helps the users to remove Eijy completely. However, at times it has been seen that manual methods fail to remove this nasty threat permanently. If you are facing the same kind of situation then you should better opt for Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect viruses on your computer.
Step 5 – Remove Eijy From Your Browser
Remove Eijy Related Extension From Chrome
- Open your Chrome Browser and click the Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Now go to the Tools menu and select the Extension option.
- Here you can see the list of all installed extensions.
- Find and select Eijy related extension and click on the Trash icon.
- Now restart your browser and enjoy web surfing.
Remove Eijy Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser and click the Menu icon from the top right corner.
- Now Select the Add-Ons option.
- Click on the Extensions option from the left panel.
- Choose and remove all Eijy related extensions.
Remove Eijy From Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on “More” icon.
- Choose the “Settings” option and select “Extensions”.
- Select and remove unwanted extensions from your browser.
Remove Eijy Extension From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools menu.
- Now select the Manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list.
- Select Toolbar and Extensions option from the left panel.
- Choose and disable Eijy related extensions.
Remove Eijy From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select preferences.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Find and remove malicious programs completely.
Reset Your Browser To Default Settings
Reset Google Chrome To Default
- Open Google Chrome browser and open the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button finally to complete the process.
Reset Firefox To Default
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and Click on the “Menu” option then Select the (?) icon.
- Now go to the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Then click on the “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm.
Reset Edge To Default
- Open Edge browser and click on “more icon” then select “settings”.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on the “Clear” button.
Reset IE To Default
- Open IE browser and click on the “Gear” icon then choose “Internet options”.
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press the “Reset” button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open the “Safari” browser and Click on the “Safari” menu then select the “Reset Safari” option.
- Now select all your preferred options to clear and then finally click on the Reset button.
Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted Eijy Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to the settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose the “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Unwanted Eijy Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on the menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Unwanted Eijy Popups on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on the (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose the “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Block Unwanted Eijy Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on the Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom of your browser.
- From the Privacy, section clicks the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on the Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser Click on the (…) option and select settings.
- Click on the Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON the “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from the upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Note: If you have followed all the above manual steps and are still unable to remove Eijy infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose a powerful malware removal tool to see if it can remove the infection from your computer.
Optional – How To Avoid Threats Like Eijy
As it is said that prevention is always better than cure. You can protect your system by paying a little bit of extra attention. You can follow some prevention tips to avoid harmful and malicious threats like Eijy.
Backup – Always keep a backup of your important data. It is not sure when your system gets infected by any harmful threat that will completely destroy your system and corrupt your data.
Use Firewall – It is the most important and primary security for your computer. Be sure that your firewall is activated so that it can easily block any malicious process like Eijy that tries to intrude on your computer.
Anti-virus Program – You must use powerful anti-virus or anti-malware protection with real-time protection. Use any program that can block any malicious threat or virus and protect your system from threats in real-time.
Scan USB drive – Always scan the use drive before copying the data. Most of the time, your system gets infected by viruses when you insert any infected external storage device into your computer.
No Spam Emails – Try to avoid opening spam emails. Never open any spam email sent by an unknown sender specially when it contains any attachment. Cyber crooks mainly use spam email techniques to distribute threats like Eijy directly to the user’s computer.
Freeware Download – Bundled freeware programs are also one of the major ways to spread malicious threats. You must not download from untrusted or insecure websites. Also, choose a custom installation method to avoid any harmful attachment.
Avoid Fake Update – Do not download updates for your system programs from any unsafe website. Any unknown and random pop-up that asks you to download an update for your system program can execute malicious codes like Eijy on your system. Always prefer an official website for downloading updates for any program.
Do Not Click Spam Links – When you get any unknown pop-up while browsing the Internet then do not click on it. Avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites as they can also inject nasty threats on your computer.