Eiiy Ransomware is one of the nasty data-locker malware specially designed to encrypt all the files on the infected system. This Ransomware Virus is created to attack the Windows-based OS and related STOP/Djvu family. Once this malicious infection infects your computer, it will use its state-of-the-art encryption algorithm to encrypt all your personal and important files with “.eiiy extension”.
After encrypting your files it will also leave a ransom note “_readme.txt” on your machine. This is an extortion game in which cyber hackers take complete control over the files of the user and force them to pay ransom money. This nasty threat is a serious threat that is used by criminals for making illegal profit. It is unlikely that paying the ransom would bring your data back.
What Is Eiiy – How It Works?
It is a file-encryptor malware that secretly attacks your PC and hides deep into your PC. It uses a strong file encryption algorithm to make data inaccessible to the victims. The encryption used by this malware is of the latest technology and breaking the encryption could take forever. Ransomware threats like Eiiy Ransomware are created only to cheat innocent users and make illegal money.
If you are also a victim of this infection then be sure not to format your computer. It will not do any good but your chances of restoring your files will become zero. Actually recovering encrypted data from a formatted PC is not possible because reinstalling Windows will overwrite the hard drive.
It is able to target all versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. After infection, it extensively searches all your drives for files and then encrypts them all.
Eiiy virus mostly uses unknown installers to sneak into the targeted and delete afterward. So it is quite hard to detect this before it locks down all the files. By the time users find out their files are encrypted by .Eiiy infection, then it’s already too late. There is nothing that could be done about all those files. People might try to reset their computer but it won’t do any good at all because files will still be encrypted.
Apart from this, this Ransomware virus also deletes shadow copies of the files and probably removes all the reset point data too. Hackers are getting smarter and thus they are eliminating all the possibilities to avoid any alternate way of restoring files.
Eiiy Virus is the name of a nasty malware infection categorized as a malicious ransomware virus belonging to the Stop/Djvu Ransomware family. This vicious file encryptor Ransomware operates by encrypting the data stored on infected computer systems – in order to demand ransom money for the decryption key.
Meanwhile, the files encrypted by this nasty Eiiy ransomware are rendered inaccessible, and the victims are asked to pay a huge amount of ransom money to decrypt their encrypted files. During the encryption process, all encrypted files are appended with the “.eiiy“ extension. For example, a file originally titled something like “myphoto.jpg“ would appear as “myphoto.jpg.eiiy“, “myclip.jpg“ as “myclip.jpg.eiiy“.
As quickly as the encryption is finished, it also places a special text file into each & every folder containing the encrypted data, otherwise, hackers demand a sum of $490 USD in bitcoins as ransom money within 72 hours or the fee will get increased to $980 USD.
Harmful Effects of .Eiiy file virus
Eiiy virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to use the infected machines. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection.
It can also record your keystrokes by using the keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP addresses, and many more. It can send your details to hackers for use in illegal activities. Therefore, it is recommended that users get rid of Eiiy virus as soon as possible from the infected computer.
.Eiiy File Virus: Threat Analysis
|Threat Level||High (Restrict access to all your files).|
|Short Description||Eiiy Ransomware encrypts your data by adding .Eiiy extension to file names and demand ransom money for the decryption key.|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find a Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||Pykw, Credo, Gdjlosvtnib, Fob, Moba, Kkll, Nlah and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
What does Eiiy Virus want?
Eiiy Ransomware is a dangerous threat and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this infection on your computer clearly says that you need to pay to get your files back. There is no discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hackers claim to give you a decryption key when you pay the ransom amount but there is no proof that they will keep their promise. The ransom note left by Eiiy virus contains the following text:–
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How To Remove Eiiy virus From PC
Eiiy Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your machine, so it is very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time.
Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove this Ransomware Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to this cunning Ransomware Virus.
The manual removal process is time-consuming and slight mistakes can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give try the Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Guide To Remove .Eiiy File Virus
If you want to get rid of Eiiy Virus from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and leftovers of this threat. It is a tricky infection that may have created multiple copies and distributed them at different locations on your system.
Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove this malicious virus manually, you must ask yourself if you have proper technical knowledge.
You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner that gives you the power to scan your system for malicious programs and if it detects any threat then you have to purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Automatic Eiiy Virus Removal Method
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
Eiiy Virus can keep coming back to your system if its core files are not completely removed. We recommend you try downloading SpyHunter Malware Scanner – to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Download SpyHunter’s Anti-Malware Scanner Now!
- Now click twice on the installer file then hit on the Yes button to install the software.
- Launch the application and press the Start Scan Now option to deeply scan your computer.
- The SpyHunter software will take few-time to detect and find all hidden threats and malware on your PC.
- A last, hit the Next button to see all the results and remove this nasty virus and other similar infections.
Amazing Features Of Automatic Malware Scanner::–
- Malware Detection & Removal – Detect and remove Trojan, Ransomware, spyware, adware, rootkits, viruses, browser hijackers, keyloggers, worms, and other types of malicious malware.
- Custom Scan – This special feature gives you the complete freedom to scan any part of your computer system particularly to find all the hidden threats including your external hard drives or USB modem.
- Real-Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology which helps protect your PC against malware attacks, threats, and other objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best features that provides’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Software
Guys if you don’t have any backup of your data then you should try one of the most powerful Stellar Data Recovery software to recover your encrypted files.
- Firstly download the Data Recovery software program on your PC.
Download Data Recovery Software
- Then, carefully install the software, after launching it, and then choose the data you want to restore then hit the Next button.
- Now select the location of your folder, Volume, or Drive you to want to scan for files then press on the Scan option.
- After scanning, choose the files and hit on the Recover option to save your all recovered files and data.
Remove .Eiiy file virus with Manual Solution.
Important Note:- For the safety of your computer, before you start the manual removal process, kindly confirm the following things given below:
1. You have good experience in removing viruses and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know what harmful consequences may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during this nasty Virus manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be a very risky option for you. If you make a little mistake or delete the wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you give a chance to the automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Eiiy Virus and all viruses from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in the Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click any virus-related or unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete this nasty Virus Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Eiiy Ransomware On Google Chrome:–
Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
Remove .Eiiy file virus on Mozilla Firefox:–
Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to the browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete them with the help of Disable or Remove button.
Remove Eiiy Ransomware On Internet Explorer:–
Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
Remove Eiiy Virus on Microsoft Edge:–
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
Remove Eiiy Ransomware From Safari Browser:–
- Open the Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any malicious program completely.
Eiiy Ransomware is yet another very devastating PC worm that is recognized as a file-encrypting virus. This deadly malware infection is being detected in all Windows OS
To remove Eiiy Virus on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter Malware Scanner – to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Download SpyHunter’s Anti-Malware Scanner Now!
Step 3 – Uninstall malicious files of .Eiiy file virus from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window, then input “Regedit” in the Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .Eiiy file virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
Optional: Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, and click on the Chrome menu.
- Click on the “Settings” option from the drop-down list.
- Go to the search box and type RESET.
- Finally, click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open the “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on the Firefox menu, and press the Help option.
- Select the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button from the top of the page.
- Hit the “Refresh Firefox” button when the dialog box appears on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on the “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on the “Advanced tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find the “Delete Personal Settings” option and press the “Reset” button.
- Finally, click on the “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses:– Something You Should Know After Removing Eiiy Virus Ransomware
To avoid .Eiiy file virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring malicious threats to your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult/porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they are often bundled with threat Eiiy Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing Eiiy virus manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. we recommend downloading SpyHunter Malware Scanner – to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Download SpyHunter’s Anti-Malware Scanner Now!