Dehd Virus is a notorious computer malware which is a 212th version of STOP/Djvu Ransomware family. This virus has been earlier spotted encrypting files on infected PC and appending .dehd extension to file names. This infection is spreading very fast and only motive it has is to blackmail victims for extortion money by encoding their personal and important files. This pernicious .Dehd File Virus uses a powerful encryption algorithm to perform asymmetric encryption on the infected machine.
After which it adds .Dehd file extensions to original filenames, then leave “_readme.txt” ransom note in almost every folder. The note instruct victims to pay ransom money to buy decryption key which allegedly can decrypt all files. It is merely a deception because as soon as the victims meet the hackers demand they close all communication.
Dehd Ransomware is a dangerous computer malware which only wants to deceive users by taking their file hostage. It has the tools to encrypt and decrypt files but it is only intended to cheat innocent users. This dubious threat can easily intrude all versions of Windows PC. Dehd File Virus wants to ensure that victims will have no other option except paying ransom money to hackers. It will encrypt all types of data like videos, images, music, MS Office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt & more), PDF, html and all other files types.
The extensions of the files encrypted by this virus will get automatically changed after encoding. For example, if the file name “picture.png” get encrypted by this virus then it will get changed into “picture.png.dehd” which cannot be accessed without decryption key. Ransom note is the next stage in which .Dehd Virus inform users about the encryption and demand ransom money to give decryption key.
As quick as the encryption is finished, .Dehd File Virus also places a special text file into each & every folder containing the encrypted data, otherwise, hackers demand a sum of $490 USD in bitcoins as ransom money within 72 hours or the fee will get increased to $980 USD.
Dehd is a cryptovirus which is designed to lure victims, encrypting their data and force them to pay money. It uses a powerful military grade 2048 bit encryption algorithm to lock files on infected machine. It mostly uses unknown executables to run the malicious program on targeted system and then delete it as soon as its done. This nasty .Dehd virus is designed to bypass the system security. After done encrypting your files, it also delete the shadow files and restore point. The main motive this threat is to rip you off all possible method from recovering this attack. It wants to cripple the users so they are forced to pay ransom if they want their files back.
If your computer is already infected by this .Dehd virus Ransomware then you sure know its malicious activities. You will not be able to access your data and only file working on your system is the ransom which is left in every folder. The note contain instructions for restoring data which is to pay hefty extortion amount in bitcoin. This cruel .Dehd virus will keep forcing you to pay the extortion fees or it will delete all your files. As a file encrypting malware, it is a notorious threat and it can damage your system beyond repairing.
Guys, as we mentioned before, this nasty ransomware virus is a variant of the malicious STOP/DJVU Ransomware family, but the point is all of these dangerous infections of ransomware virus have one thing in common that they can affect your system. The creators of this virus send it on your computer through various types of fake executables, such as::–
- Software activation executables.
- Key generators (keygens).
And another strategy that they can use is also very powerful & effective is if the cyber hackers send you a fake e-mail that 100% contains a malicious link to the attachment on Google Drive or some other CHS (cloud hosting service) or in an archive file (.7z, .zip, .rar). And these filthy attachments generally profess to be:
- A document that is important.
- Fake e-tickets.
Be careful because once the nasty virus has got success invading your system it may set some values with data in your “Run” & “RunOnce” windows registries and may also drop its malicious files in the following directories given below::-
Dehd virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to use the infected machines. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection.
Dehd virus can also record your keystrokes by using the keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address, and many more. It can send your details to hackers for use in illegal activities. Therefore, it is recommended the users get rid of Dehd virus as soon as possible from the infected computer.
|Encryption type||RSA 2048 + Salsa20|
|Detection names||Trojan:Win32/Glupteba (Microsoft), Glupteba.Backdoor.Bruteforce.DDS (Malwarebytes), TR/AD.InstaBot.bfsbw (Avira), HEUR:Exploit.Win32.Shellcode.gen (Kaspersky), Trojan.GenericKD.36669904 (B)(Emsisoft), W32.Trojan.Gen (Webroot) see all detection name variations on VirusTotal|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find a Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||MIIA, PAAS, Ehiz, Nusm, Igvm and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
There are several different methods through which your system can get infected by a virus-like Dehd without your knowing. Hackers users distinctive measures to targeted victim’s computer like sending spam email attachments and bundling malicious programs with freeware application. Your computer could also get infected through porn or torrent sites. Downloading cracked software or illegal patches from illegal websites could also bring this Dehd virus or similar threats. You must be quite careful which browsing websites and downloading any software. Choose a custom installation method to avoid any malicious attachments from getting executed on your machine.
The primary target of this virus is to force money out of innocent victims. It will try to frustrate users into not seeking any other help and pay the decryption fees. The ransom money demanded by .Dehd file virus is quite hefty. It main price of the decryption key is $980 USD in bitcoin but this infection is offering a huge 50% discount to victims who are willing to pay within 72 hours. It is a quite cool negotiation technique used by the virus to make victims think that they can get decryption for $490 USD. The instructions for the payment are quite clear by .Dehd virus in the note “_readme.txt” left on the infected PC.
Kindly be careful if, you’re already a victim of this nasty Ransomware Virus, it is still important that you should must avoid any unknown or malicious website that claim to have decryption solutions. Such like does not exist at the moment and throwing caution to the wind because you’re already a victim of this cunning virus can lead to further more damage in two ways, such like:-
- Fake STOP/DJVU decryptors can be used to spread other ransomware versions like ZORAB;
- Downloading such fake tools can lead to double encryption of your files.
Dehd Ransomware is a dangerous threat and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this infection on your computer clearly says that you need to pay to get your files back. There is no discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hackers claim to give you a decryption key when you pay the ransom amount but there is no proof that they will keep their promise. The ransom note left by .Dehd file virus contains the following text:–
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This Dehd virus is quite dangerous and there is no way you can trust this infection to give you a decryption key after paying the ransom. You have to be creative here if you want to get rid of this infection and recover your files. Threats like Dehd Ransomware can re-encrypt your data afterward getting paid. Some time hackers release a new version of the same malware that can automatically infect a previously compromised machine. This happens due to the leftovers of Dehd virus are still on that machine that helps bring new threats without permission.
You must be thinking about how this threat gets on your system let alone encrypt your files. Actually, there are various methods through which threats like Dehd Ransomware can attack your computer. Hackers mostly use software bundling, spam emails, and downloader infections to spread this type of infection. Visiting porn sites, downloading cracked software from torrent sites, and sharing files over an unsecured server could also be some of the reasons. If you are actively involved in any of these activities right now or your system could get infected by more threats like .Dehd file virus. You should also prefer the custom installation method every time you install a free program to avoid any malicious attachments.
The encrypting method used by Dehd Ransomware is very strong and currently, there is no free software to decode this encoding. You may recover your files using backup if have any. But don’t make the mistake of attaching your backup drive without removing it or it could easily corrupt that backup data as well SHOULD NOT PAY RANSOM and it’s interesting to note that the same policy is supported by the FBI.
If you don’t have any backup then your only chance is to either wait for the decryptor or use data recovery software. Powerful recovery software can recover most of the files easily by scrubbing the hard drive deeply. First, you will need to use strong anti-malware to remove this Dehd Virus and then try to restore files.
Dehd Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove Dehd Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Dehd Ransomware. The manual removal process is time-consuming and slight mistakes can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to the Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
If you want to get rid of Dehd Virus from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and leftovers of this threat. It is a tricky infection that may have created multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove .Dehd file virus manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge.
You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner that gives you the power to scan your system for malicious programs and if it detects any threat then you have to purchase the full version to remove that infection.
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
- Now double click on the installer file then clicks Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on the Start Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- The software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your computer.
- Finally, click on the Next button to see results and remove .Dehd file virus and other infections.
- Malware Detection & Removal – Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms, and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This feature gives you the freedom to scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real-Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology that helps protect your PC against malware attacks, threats, and other objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best features that provides’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
If you don’t have a backup of your files then you can try using our powerful data recovery software to restore your files. Download the free scanner and scrub your computer for files. Once the software will scan your hard drive, it will show the preview of files that can be recovered. If it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Finally, you can select the files you want and recover them easily.
- First of all download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer.
- Install the application, launch it, and select the type of data you want to recover then click the Next button.
- Select the folder location, Drive, or volume you want to scan for data then click on the Scan button.
- After scan, select the files and click on the Recover button to save your recovered files.
Important Note:- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Dehd Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things: 1. You have good experience in removing viruses and malware by manual Technique. 2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts 3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequences may occur for your mistake. 4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be a very risky option for you. If you make a little mistake or delete the wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window: 2. Type “control panel” in the Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel: 3. Press Uninstall a program: 4. Right-click any virus related or unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Dehd Virus Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Dehd Ransomware On Google Chrome:– Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions> click on trash bin Remove .Dehd file virus on Mozilla Firefox:– Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to the browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button. Remove Dehd Ransomware On Internet Explorer:– Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button. Remove Dehd Virus on Microsoft Edge:–
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any malicious program completely.
.Dehd File Virus is yet another very devastating PC worm that is recognized as a file-encrypting virus. This deadly malware infection is being detected in all Windows OS
SpyHunter 5 Anti-MalwareMalware Remediation Utility
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window, then input “Regedit” in the Run window and press Enter button to open Registry: 2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .Dehd file virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Optionsmsmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Optionsmsseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREUninstall”virus name” HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “xas”
Optional: Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on the Chrome menu.
- Click on the “Settings” option from drop-down list.
- Go to the search box and type RESET.
- Finally, click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on the Firefox menu, and on press the Help option.
- Select the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button at top of the page.
- Hit the “Refresh Firefox” button when the dialog box appears on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on the “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on the “Advanced tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find the “Delete Personal Settings” option and press the “Reset” button.
- Finally, click on the “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses:– Something You Should Know After Removing Dehd Virus Ransomware
To avoid Dehd Virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring malicious threats on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult/porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Dehd Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.
🧐 Frequently Asked Questions
What is .Dehd File Virus Ransomware?
How can I open “.Dehd” files?Be careful no other way. These files are encrypted by nasty Stop/Djvu Ransomware malware. The contents of .Dehd files are not more available until they are decrypted.
Are my files completely lost?offcourse No, your encrypted files and data are still there on your system but you just can’t access your files by yourself. This nasty ransomware virus has encrypted your data and files and they only can be accessed by using a decrypting key for which the cyber hackers are demanding the ransom amount.
How to decrypt .Dehd Files?
Actually, there is no perfect .Dehd file virus ransomware decryptor are available currently which can restore all your encrypted files. But our team strongly suggested a quite effective .Dehd File Recovery method in this 100% effective guide which you can follow to recover your all encrypted files very easily. But be careful don’t try to restore your encrypted files and data without removing the virus because it will keep encrypting your data and files.
How to Remove Dehd Ransomware Virus?
Guys, it could be quite hard to remove this nasty ransomware infection from an infected system, especially for non-technical users because your one mistake can make the situation more worst. But here we have shared several tips on removing this threat manually which you can use because if you want to remove this malicious malware then you must have to remove all its associate files. If you think that have no prior experience of malware removal then you should download free download Dehd Ransomware Virus Removal Tool. it is one of the safest and easiest ways to remove this risky ransomware infection completely from your computer.
May I re-install Windows to remove Dehd Ransomware and decrypt .pass files?
If you will reinstall your Windows then it might remove this nasty infection from your system but you will not be able to restore your encrypted files & it is also possible that this virus can be removed and then come back. So that’s why we strongly suggest that You have to use a powerful Anti-malware Tool to remove this cunning virus and try to decrypt your files.
What can I do right now?
- The files you downloaded through the Internet were encrypted & you can download them again through the Internet to get the original files.
- Restore the encrypted images (pictures) that you shared with your family member and friends that they can just send back to you.
- Photos that you uploaded on your social media account or cloud services like Carbonite, OneDrive, Google Drive, iDrive, etc
- Attachments in emails you sent or received and saved on your computer.
- If you can also download some of your lost software, programs, movies, videos, audios, games from the web.
- Files on an older PC, flash drive, external drive, camera memory card, or iPhone where you transferred the data to the infected system.
You can also report the cyber attack to Authorities
Guys, be careful, If you are also a Victim of Dehd Virus then you should report this cybercrime incident to the legal authorities in your county. Here our team mentions a list of some of the genuine official government websites for reporting any kind of online fraud and scam activities, so please take a look:
Guys, not only this rather you can also search to find the genuine Internet Crime Authority in your country. During this, it will not help you remove this virus from your computer or restore your encrypted files in any way but it’s just informed the authorities. Once you will register your complaint to the Internet Crime Authority, the authorities might look into it and take some precautionary measures to stop other cyberattacks in the future. Although, don’t get lured by cyber hackers. They only cheat instead of helping you.
Regardless of the situation, our cybersecurity experts recommend that it is best for victims to follow FBI guidelines which generally prohibit any form of ransom payment. This recommendation is based on the following reasons:
- Paying ransom does not guarantee that your encrypted files will be restored
- When you pay ransom, you’re encouraging cybercriminals since it will become profitable
- With more ransom money in their disposal, they would be able to employ more hands and broaden their threat