Avyu virus is able to encrypt majority of file types that users mostly store on their PC. It will restrict all the access to your files using a powerful encryption. After locking your data, it also add .avyu extension to the end of all your files. For example, a file named “mypic.jpg” will get converted into “mypic.jpg.avyu” after getting encrypted by this virus. This virus will then leave a ransom note “_readme.txt” in every folder. This ransom note contain a threatening message saying that you cannot access your files without a decryption key. Hackers demand a sum of $490 USD in bitcoins as ransom money within 72 hours or fee will get increased to $980 USD.
Avyu Ransomware is a dangerous file encrypting malware created to lock down all the data on infected machine. This threat is designed to attack Windows operating system and relate STOP/Djvu Ransomware family. Once this infection manages to enter your system, it will use its state of the art encryption algorithm to lock your personal and important files. After encrypting your data Avyu virus will also leave ransom note on your system.
This is an extortion game in which hackers takes control over the files of the user and force them to pay ransom money. This nasty .Avyu file virus is a serious threat which is used by cyber criminals for making illegal profit. It is highly unlikely that paying ransom would bring your data back.
WARNING!!! Manual removal of Avyu Ransomware must require being familiar with all system files & registries. If you want to remove this malware in just a few clicks then Skip all steps & download the SpyHunter5 powerful anti-malware tool that will scan your system & remove all malware.
SpyHunter 5 Anti-MalwareMalware Remediation Utility
Avyu is a data locker virus that secretly attack your PC and hide deep into your PC. It uses strong file encryption algorithm to make data inaccessible to the victims. The encryption used by this malware is of latest technology and breaking the encryption could take like for ever. Ransomware threats like Avyu are created only to cheat innocent users and make illegal money.
If you are also a victim of this infection then be sure not to format your computer. It will not do any good but your chances of restoring your files will become zero. Actually recovering encrypted data from formatted PC is not possible because reinstalling Windows will over write the hard drive. Avyu virus is able to targets all versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. After infection, it extensively search all your drives for files and then encrypt them all.
Avyu virus mostly use unknown installers to sneak into the targeted and delete afterward. So it is very hard to detect this infection before it lock down all the files on that system. By the time users find out their files are encrypted by .Avyu infection, then it’s already too late. There nothing that could be done about all those files. People might try to reset their computer but it won’t do any good at all because files will still be encrypted.
Apart from this, .Avyu file virus also delete shadow copies of the files and probably remove all the reset point data too. Hackers are getting smarter and thus they are eliminating all the possibilities to avoid any alternate way of restoring files.
Guys, as we mentioned before, this nasty ransomware virus is a variant of the malicious STOP/DJVU Ransomware family, but the point is all of these dangerous infections of ransomware virus have one thing in common that they can affect your system. The creators of this virus send it on your computer through various types of fake executables, such as::–
- Software activation executables.
- Key generators (keygens).
And another strategy that they can use is also very powerful & effective is if the cyber hackers send you a fake e-mail that 100% contains a malicious link to the attachment on Google Drive or some other CHS (cloud hosting service) or in an archive file (.7z, .zip, .rar). And these filthy attachments generally profess to be:
- A document that is important.
- Fake e-tickets.
Be careful because once the nasty virus has got success invading your system it may set some values with data in your “Run” & “RunOnce” windows registries and may also drop its malicious files in the following directories given below::-
Avyu virus will also use rootkit technology to get deep into your machine. Due to this critical Trojan virus users are likely to experience various awful issues while trying to use the infected machines. It is nearly impossible for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this infection.
Avyu virus can also record your keystrokes by using the keylogger technique. It will collect your personal and sensitive information without your permission. It can steal your online banking details, credit card details, usernames, passwords, IP address, and many more. It can send your details to hackers for use in illegal activities. Therefore, it is recommended the users get rid of Avyu virus as soon as possible from the infected computer.
|Encryption type||RSA 2048 + Salsa20|
|Detection names||Trojan:Win32/Glupteba (Microsoft), Glupteba.Backdoor.Bruteforce.DDS (Malwarebytes), TR/AD.InstaBot.bfsbw (Avira), HEUR:Exploit.Win32.Shellcode.gen (Kaspersky), Trojan.GenericKD.36669904 (B)(Emsisoft), W32.Trojan.Gen (Webroot) see all detection name variations on VirusTotal|
|Symptoms||You cannot access any files on your PC and you will find a Ransom note asking for money.|
|Distribution||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Variants||Pahd, PAAS, Ehiz, Nusm, Igvm and so on.|
|Removal||Download SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware|
|Recovery||Download Windows Data Recovery|
The .Avyu virus only encrypt your files. It does not delete your data from your computer because it want the ransom money. The encryption only makes your files impossible to access. This is the primary motive of this threat to blackmail you into buying the decryption to unlock your data. Further it may also drop data stealing Trojan virus on your computer to steal financial and other sensitive details. Removing this virus should be the primary concern for the victims if they want to protect their privacy and get their files back.
The primary target of this virus is to force money out of innocent victims. It will try to frustrate users into not seeking any other help and pay the decryption fees. The ransom money demanded by .Avyu file virus is quite hefty. It main price of the decryption key is $980 USD in bitcoin but this infection is offering a huge 50% discount to victims who are willing to pay within 72 hours. It is a quite cool negotiation technique used by the virus to make victims think that they can get decryption for $490 USD. The instructions for the payment are quite clear by .Avyu virus in the note “_readme.txt” left on the infected PC.
The ransom note left by .Avyu virus suggests that there is only one way to restore encrypted files which is paying the ransom. The encryption process is quite complex and there way to break it without decryption key. This is why the Ransomware is taking advantage of this situation and demand a huge sum of $980 USD in bitcoin. It is a lot of money that’s virus is also making an offer of 50% discount for those who pay within 72 hours. It is tactic to unease the victims and make them pay ransom without seeking help. You can check note left by .Avyu Virus here :
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This Avyu virus is quite dangerous and there is no way you can trust this infection to give you a decryption key after paying the ransom. You have to be creative here if you want to get rid of this infection and recover your files. Threats like Avyu virus can re-encrypt your data afterward getting paid. Some time hackers release a new version of the same malware that can automatically infect a previously compromised machine. This happens due to the leftovers of Avyu virus are still on that machine that helps bring new threats without permission.
You must be thinking about how this threat gets on your system let alone encrypt your files. Actually, there are various methods through which threats like Avyu Ransomware can attack your computer. Hackers mostly use software bundling, spam emails, and downloader infections to spread this type of infection. Visiting porn sites, downloading cracked software from torrent sites, and sharing files over an unsecured server could also be some of the reasons. If you are actively involved in any of these activities right now or your system could get infected by more threats like .Avyu file virus. You should also prefer the custom installation method every time you install a free program to avoid any malicious attachments.
As the encryption used by this infection is quite strong but there are some ways to restore your files. If you have backup of your important files then you can recover your files easily. But make sure to remove this .Avyu Virus before you try to restore your files or it will encrypt your backup files as well. If you don’t have any backup then you can store your files on external hard drive and wait for any free decryptor.
You can also use data recovery software as they are very good at scrubbing your hard drive and finding older version of files. A lot of victims already got most of their files back by using this method. So you are advised to delete .Avyu Virus using a powerful malware removal tool from your system completely and try to restore your files.
Avyu Ransomware is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades the computer, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your machine in a very quick time. Keep in mind that, it may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove this infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method.
In order to remove Avyu Virus infection completely, you will need to remove all its associated files. This process includes various removal steps and requires technical expertise. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected computer so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Avyu Ransomware. The manual removal process is time-consuming and slight mistakes can corrupt the operating system. Feel free to give a try to the Automatic process if you don’t feel comfortable around with manual tips.
Well removing .Avyu File Virus from your system completely will require a powerful Anti-malware application that can find and delete all the hidden threats and associated files simultaneously to avoid the possibility of infection coming back to your machine or damaging your system in the removal process. We suggest quite powerful and reliable Malware Removal Tool which is very advanced and works like a charm. You just need to download and install the application on your system and run a scan of your PC and it will remove .Avyu File Virus virus on its own.
This Automatic Malware Removal Tool is able to find and remove all types of harmful threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Rootkits, Keyloggers, Adware, Browser Hijackers, Fake Tech support scams, Redirect malware and many other potentially harmful programs. It is free to try and you can run a full diagnostic of your computer before you buy this program. You can scan your computer to find .Avyu File Virus or any other hidden threat and remove it completely with a single mouse click.
- First of all, you will need to click on the below button to download the software.
- Now double click on the installer file then clicks Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on the Start Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- The software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your computer.
- Finally, click on the Next button to see results and remove .Avyu file virus and other infections.
- Malware Detection & Removal – Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms, and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This feature gives you the freedom to scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real-Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology that helps protect your PC against malware attacks, threats, and other objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best features that provides’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
If you don’t have a backup of your files then you can try using our powerful data recovery software to restore your files. Download the free scanner and scrub your computer for files. Once the software will scan your hard drive, it will show the preview of files that can be recovered. If it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Finally, you can select the files you want and recover them easily.
- First of all download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer.
- Install the application, launch it, and select the type of data you want to recover then click the Next button.
- Select the folder location, Drive, or volume you want to scan for data then click on the Scan button.
- After scan, select the files and click on the Recover button to save your recovered files.
Important Note:- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Avyu Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things: 1. You have good experience in removing viruses and malware by manual Technique. 2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts 3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequences may occur for your mistake. 4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be a very risky option for you. If you make a little mistake or delete the wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window: 2. Type “control panel” in the Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel: 3. Press Uninstall a program: 4. Right-click any virus related or unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Avyu Virus Ransomware from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Avyu Ransomware On Google Chrome:– Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press More Tools> press Extension> Find any virus related or unwanted extensions> click on trash bin Remove .Avyu file virus on Mozilla Firefox:– Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to the browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button. Remove Avyu Ransomware On Internet Explorer:– Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> Find any virus-related or unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button. Remove Avyu Virus on Microsoft Edge:–
- Open Edge browser > Click on More option > select settings > Choose Extensions.
- Click on unwanted extension and hit uninstall button.
- Open Safari browser and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove any malicious program completely.
.Avyu File Virus is yet another very devastating PC worm that is recognized as a file-encrypting virus. This deadly malware infection is being detected in all Windows OS
SpyHunter 5 Anti-MalwareMalware Remediation Utility
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open the Run window, then input “Regedit” in the Run window and press Enter button to open Registry: 2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .Avyu file virus and other threats as below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Uninstall\”virus name”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “xas”
Optional: Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on the Chrome menu.
- Click on the “Settings” option from drop-down list.
- Go to the search box and type RESET.
- Finally, click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on the Firefox menu, and on press the Help option.
- Select the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button at top of the page.
- Hit the “Refresh Firefox” button when the dialog box appears on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on the “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on the “Advanced tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find the “Delete Personal Settings” option and press the “Reset” button.
- Finally, click on the “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses:– Something You Should Know After Removing Avyu Virus Ransomware
To avoid .Avyu file virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Use powerful anti-virus program to scan your PC regularly.
- Make sure Windows Firewall security enabled and turn it on.
- Avoid visiting malicious or porn websites regularly.
- Never download free program from unreliable sites.
- Do not download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Don’t get attracted by misleading ads that flash on your browser.
- Keep your Windows OS and other software up to date.
- Download updates only from official websites.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.
- Keep backup of your important files and data.
🧐 Frequently Asked Questions
What is .Avyu File Virus Ransomware?
How can I open “.Avyu” files?
Are my files completely lost?
How to decrypt .Avyu Files?
How to Remove Avyu Ransomware Virus?
May I re-install Windows to remove Avyu Ransomware and decrypt .pass files?
What can I do right now?
You can also report the cyber attack to Authorities
Guys, be careful, If you are also a Victim of Avyu Ransomware then you should report this cybercrime incident to the legal authorities in your county. Here our team mentions a list of some of the genuine official government websites for reporting any kind of online fraud and scam activities, so please take a look:
Guys, not only this rather you can also search to find the genuine Internet Crime Authority in your country. During this, it will not help you remove this virus from your computer or restore your encrypted files in any way but it’s just informed the authorities. Once you will register your complaint to the Internet Crime Authority, the authorities might look into it and take some precautionary measures to stop other cyberattacks in the future. Although, don’t get lured by cyber hackers. They only cheat instead of helping you.